"The coffee support group in Longmont has been something I look forward to every month. This contact is essential for parents in order to remain healthy and productive advocates for their children."

- B.B., Longmont

Outside Financial Assistance

Autism Family Resources


Provides special needs families and caregivers with the financial means to acquire the “simple things” they so often are not able to obtain. Common awards go to therapy equipment, safety equipment or respite. At no time are funds sent directly to families. All funds awarded are paid directly to the vendor or service provider to pay for therapy equipment, safety equipment or services.

Email your request for an application along with your name, address, phone number and email address to us at autismfamilyinfo@aol.com. We will email the application file back to you, in the form of a WordPerfect attachment. If you need another format please let us know which one in your email.

Helping Hand Program, sponsored by the National Autism Association

Requests granted for biomedical treatments, supplements or therapies for your child with autism. You can find their site at www.nationalautismassociation.org.

Modest Needs

212 463 7042

Provides grant funding for daily living expenses in emergency situations. Founded in 2002, Modest Needs is an award-winning charity that works to stop the cycle of poverty before it starts for low-income workers struggling to afford emergency expenses like the unexpected auto repair, the unanticipated trip to the doctor, the unusually large winter heating bill. There is an on-line application process.

Scottish Rite Language Disorders Clinic at The Children’s Hospital

303 861 2410 or 303 861 4261

Department of Audiology, Speech Pathology and Learning Services
13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045
Can assist with some speech needs.

The MacKenzie Grace Foundation


Provides grants to individual families.

UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation


Grants are available to help children who need critical health care treatment, services, or equipment not covered or not fully covered by their parents’ health benefit plans. UHCCF provides grants to families to help pay for child health care services such as speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy sessions, prescriptions, and medical equipment such as wheelchairs, orthotics, and eyeglasses.

RFP Link: http://fconline.foundationcenter.org/pnd/15013057/uhccf

Friends of Man

303 798 2342

Provides assistance to people with disabilities, including food, prostheses, wheelchairs, etc. Referral must come through a Social Worker or other health care professional; cannot come directly from applicant.

Lion’s Club


303 504 6293 (ph); 303 504 6294 (f)
5840 E Evans Ave Ste 302, Denver, CO 80222
Resource for glasses, hearing aids, medications, etc.