2017 Jack Ferrigno Send a Kid to Camp Scholarships
How was this program started?
This program was created in honor of Jack Ferrigno, a young boy with autism who thought in colors and brightened the lives of those around him. Jack's parents, John Ferrigno and Kelly Straub, joined Brett Smith, The Post Brewing Company's head chef and partner, to help other kids with autism access recreational camp opportunities. Kelly and John were so thankful for the camps that Jack attended and for the confidence and joy that those experiences gave him. Five years ago, Brett Smith approached ASBC with the idea of a camp grant program funded by an annual fundraiser to celebrate the life of Jack Ferrigno. He envisioned a camp grant program that would help families affected by autism gain access to recreational and therapeutic opportunities that might expand social skills and build confidence while most importantly having fun. From that vision, ASBC created the Jack Ferrigno Send a Kid to Camp Program. With the money raised, we have funded bike-riding clinics, skateboarding clinics, ski/ snowboard lessons, a rafting/camping trip and much more.
The Jack Ferrigno Send a Kid to Camp Scholarship 2017 Guidelines:
- Application open Dec 1, 2016- May 20, 2017 or until funds are depleted.
- Families will be notified of approval 3 weeks after application submission. ASBC will not expedite approval process for camps that begin within the 3 week window.
- Recipients will request invoice is sent from camp to ASBC for funds. Mail invoices to P.O. Box 270300, Louisville, CO 80027 or email to email@example.com
- Checks will be sent upon receipt of invoice from provider. Please have provider reference scholarship # from your email notification of approval. Failure to provide reference number may delay payment.
- No checks sent before Jan 1, 2017
- One scholarship per individual for one provider up to $500 (no exceptions)
- Submit online application from ASBC website http://www.autismboulder.org/asbc-grants/send-a-kid-to-camp-scholarships
- ASBC must be the recipient of ANY partial or full refund
- ASBC has permission to contact camps and verify attendance
- Funds may be used for recreational activities provided in 2017 – call ASBC at 720-272-8231 if you have questions about types of requests that will be approved.
- Expenses for family members or travel will not be approved.
- Recipients must live in Boulder or Broomfield counties and/or attend school in BVSD, SVVSD or Boulder/Broomfield counties
- Recipients must have an ASD diagnosis
- Recipients may submit pictures and testimonials to be used in ASBC promotional materials including Facebook, website, display materials at fundraisers
If recipients fail to comply with these guidelines, future applications may be denied. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
2017 Jack Ferrigno Send a Kid to Camp Scholarship Application: